Today’s post is a quick tip! If you are concerned about printer ink consumption and have found a nice printable – like the ones in my shop 😉 – but are more of a minimalist planner and prefer black and white, then follow the steps in this post to learn how to print any printable in black and white!
How to print printables in black and white
1. Open up the printable and go to file > print
Note: Most printables require Adobe reader to open. It can be downloaded for free here.
Open up the PDF file and go to file (in the top left of your screen) then print.
This will open up your printer menu:
2. In your printer menu go to properties
I’m using a Canon printer – your printer menu may look a little different if you’re using a different printer brand – it’s may say something like ‘advanced’ instead.
Some printers have a button you can click that says ‘print in greyscale (black and white) – click this checkbox.
Then choose any other settings you’d like to change e.g. borderless, resizing etc. and then print
If your printer doesn’t have this checkbox, keep reading…
3. Choose ‘greyscale’
If your printer doesn’t have the greyscale checkbox, click on properties (refer to screenshot above, it’s on the top right). Note: your printer may call this something like advanced.
In the next menu choose greyscale.
Click ok, then Print!
More helpful posts for printing printables:
- Best Paper for Printing Printables
- Which is Cheaper: DIY Printable Planners or Pre-Printed & Assembled Planners?
- 7 Ways to make colors POP when printing using an Inkjet printer
- Don’t own a printer? Here are 5 companies that will print and ship printables to your door
- How to Choose a Printer (Including the best printer for printing printables and planner stickers)
- How to print printables at Erin Condren planner size from your home printer (step by step tutorial)
- How to print printables at Plum Paper planner size from your home printer (step by step tutorial)
- How to get rid of a white border when printing printable (borderless, no bleed, no scaling step by step video tutorial)
- How to print printables at MAMBI Happy Planner Size (step by step tutorial)
Related: Printing Tips
Found this post helpful? Pin it!