If you’ve got a lot of spare notes pages in your planner that you aren’t sure what to do with, why not use them to track your spending?
I’ve been using a notebook I had custom made via Plum Paper (so in love with it!) and decided to use it to track spending on the go. Then when the page is full I can take a photo of it for tax records and add the business related expenses to my shop spreadsheets, and the personal expenses to my budget binder.
I created some stickers for list making which are available in my shop. I included titles for the following lists:
– Favorite websites
– Packing list
– Wish List
– Books to read
– Movies to watch
– Bucket List
– Holiday Plans
– Gift Ideas
– And a blank page if I think of any other lists 🙂
Here’s how I used the stickers to set up my purchases tracking page:
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
Links mentioned in the video
- PaperMate Inkjoy Pens
- Poppin Ruler (expensive but definitely worth it!)
- Notes page stickers
- Plum Paper Planners
Some other ways you can use these stickers:
- Rather than using separate pages for each category, use a different colored highlighter for each expense category, or use different colored pens
- I’ve used these stickers in a couple of ways:
- I had 5 columns on my spending tracker with columns for item, store, date purchased, cost and receipt filed
- 3 columns for item, cost and receipt filed
- His and her expenses
- Different colors for each type of bill
Split a page in 2 and use 1 side for business spending and the other side for personal spending.
- Free Printable Erin Condren Vertical Life Planner (or any planner) Ombre Pineapple List Stickers
- How to print printables at MAMBI Happy Planner Size (step by step tutorial)
- Which is Cheaper: DIY Printable Planners or Pre-Printed & Assembled Planners?
- 7 Ways to make colors POP when printing using an Inkjet printer
- Planner Organization: How to organize planner stickers
- Favorite color coding planner supplies for less than $5
- The Process Behind Making a Printable Planner
Liked this post? Pin it!