It’s time for a clear out at my house so I am hosting a garage sale. Of course I created a garage sale planner to get organized!
Included in this planner:
– Planner cover page and spine (in 3 sizes to suit any binder)
– Garage sale to do list
– Items for sale
– Note paper
– Garage sale flyer – editable
– Garage sale checklist (filled in and blank versions)
– Garage Sale Supplies Checklist (filled in and blank versions)
– Donations Tracker
– Garage sale ad
I made all of these pages are editable except the cover and spines.
Black and white ink friendly signs (jpg and pdf versions for each sign included):
31 Categorised Signs
• Garage sale (left arrow)
• Garage sale (right arrow)
• Park Here
• Do not park here
• Please stay off the grass
• $0.10 EACH
• $0.25 EACH
• $0.50 EACH
• $1 EACH
• $1.50 EACH
• $2 EACH
• $2.50 EACH
• $3 EACH
• $5 EACH
• $10 EACH
• All Items in Here are Free
• All Items on this table are free
• Adult Clothes
• Boy Clothing
• Girl Clothing
• Maternity Clothes
• Kid’s Books
• Kitchen Items
• Make an Offer
• These items are not for sale
Boys Clothing Sizes (6)
– Boys 0 – 6 Months
– Boys 6 – 12 Months
– Boys 12 – 24 Months
– Boys 12 – 18 Months
– Boys 18 – 24 Months
– Boys 2 -3 Years
Girls’ Clothing Sizes (6)
– Girls 0 – 6 Months
– Girls 6 – 12 Months
– Girls 12 – 24 Months
– Girls 12 – 18 Months
– Girls 18 – 24 Months
– Girls 2 -3 Years
Signs that can be used for clothes and shoes (24): Size 0, Size 2, Size 4, Size 5, Size 5.5, Size 6, Size 6.5, Size 7, Size 7.5, Size 8, Size 8.5, Size 9, Size 9.5, Size 10, Size 10.5, Size 11, Size 11.5, Size 12, Size 14, Size 16, Size 18, Size 20, Size 22, Size 24
I would love to hear from you if you think there are other signs that would be useful!
The pages can be printed at any size you like! See this post for printing tips and instructions (including a step by step video tutorial).
Here’s a look at some of the printables included in the planner:
Garage Sale Supplies Checklist (Filled-in version)…
…and a blank version
Garage Sale Checklist (2 pages)
Here’s a sneak peak of the filled in version…
…and here is the blank version
Items for sale – saving costs by hosting a joint garage sale? Use this sheet to keep track of all items for sale, who their owner is, the asking price, sale price and notes e.g. pickup times if a customer is collecting furniture at a later date. You could pre-enter the items you have for sale, or jot down each item as it sells. Another idea would be to use one sheet per table or box e.g. clothing on one page, print another page for books ect.
Garage Sale To Do List
Garage Sale Ad
Garage Sale Flyer (the blue boxes are editable so you can type in your own details)
Donations Tracker – for those unsold items
And some note paper which is always handy! I intend to use mine for planning the layout for my garage sale
The garage sale planner is available in SEVEN different colours!
Some of my top tips for hosting a garage sale
– Set up early
– Print the flyers onto bright coloured paper to attract attention. Of course black and white still stands out too
– Allocate boxes with prices e.g. $1 and put all items for that price point in the box. When all items are sorted, then add the price stickers. Having items sorted by price into separate boxes or on separate tables and also with a price makes it so much easier when it comes time for your customer to pay and if you can’t remember what box they took the item from
– Price stuff so it’s easy to make change e.g. in 10c or 50c denominations
– Make it easy for shoppers to test electronics by having an extension cord handy. You may also want to keep some batteries on hand
– Mark down items throughout the day
– Some stuff you just know no one is going to buy e.g. broken toys. I put these on a separate table and mark them as free
– Put big ticket items like furniture at the end of the driveway to draw in shoppers
– Never leave the money box unattended!
Here are the free printable price stickers!
They coordinate with the garage sale planner colour options. ‘Cause I have OCD when it comes to stuff colour-co-ordinating!
There are 7 different colors. You could color code e.g. use only purple stickers for $2 items, blue stickers for 50c items etc.
To use, print into full sheet label paper and cut. I recommend using a paper trimmer. Or watching your favourite TV show if you are cutting them by hand!
Closer look at one of the sticker sheets…
Are you holding a garage sale? Click here to purchase the garage sale planner
My garage sale is 2 weeks away – fingers crossed I can get rid of a lot of stuff!